Program Excellence General Session
Thursday, March 18, 2010 - 9:00 am-10:50 am
Location: Hilton Charlotte
Speaker: John C. Warner
Our Program Excellence General Session speaker is John Warner, president and chief technology officer of the Warner Babcock Institute for Green Chemistry. John's presentation will address the theme of the ITEA conference, which is "Green Technology: STEM Solutions for 21st Century Citizens."
The Warner Babcock Institute is staffed with a diverse team of scientists and engineers focused on developing non toxic, environmentally benign and sustainable technological solutions for society. These solutions must be as cost effective and perform as well or better than the existing technology they replace. Recent innovations at the Institute have drawn from the research areas of crystal engineering, molecular recognition, and self-assembly.
Named one of the most influential people impacting the global chemical industry, John's presentation is sure to be a highlight of the Charlotte Conference.
Also focusing on "Green" themes are the following presentations:
- It's Easy to Be Green
- E-Waste: Solving a Global Problem with STEM
- Harnessing Sun and Wind Energy
- Eyes on the Earth: NASA's Unique Perspective
- Biotechnology Made Easy
- Design in Technology Education: Designing for Sustainability
- Developing a Middle School "Green Technology" Course
- Green Technology Improves Classroom Gender Equity
- The Green Problem Solving Model
- Development of a Green Technology Teaching Module
- Design for a Practical Green Energy Education
- Integrating Sustainability into the Technology Education Curriculum
- Teaching "Green Building" in Construction Technology Education Programs
- Lean and Green Manufacturing in Wood Technology
ITEA is delivering the latest "Green" information and professional development opportunities. Register today!